Thursday, June 30, 2011

When Working Out is a Breeze

Do you ever have a workout where you feel you were able to get through it with ease? It doesn't happen often. And if it does happen often, then maybe you should up your workout intensity - it should be challenging most of the time :)

Today was one of those days for me. Some days I get on the elliptical and I think I am never going to make it to 700 calories - I'm fatigued and my legs don't want to move anymore. Other days I have a mental block and think I won't make it past 300 calories, but I push myself and feel great with the results. Still, other days I have a positive outlook, am excited for my workout and push myself to do my best. Then there are days like today, I get on the elliptical and go. I zoned out and before I knew it I was about 350 calories - half way there! Next time I looked at the monitor I was at 560 calories and I knew I was going to make it to 700 without a problem. It felt like a robot. It's good to have days like this once in a while! I felt like I was in control of my workout! 

Maybe I'll do an Insanity workout later and let that video work me out! :)

1400 calories left to go! How is your workout week looking! There is still time to get 3500 calories in!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had these days more often! Every time I get on that elliptical all I can do is watch the clock and number of calories burned! Today I went for a 40 minute run and then did a 40 minute Insanity workout for 800 calories total. 1200 more to go this week.

    Thanks for letting me comment on here every day. I really feel accountable for getting in my 3500 calories a week. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you are posting your progress each week with me! It's fun to have someone working towards the same goal! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete