Saturday, June 11, 2011

Better For You Fettuccine Alfredo

Chris's Favorite: Fettuccine Alfredo
Fettuccine Alfredo is usually loaded with cream and loaded with calories! I have had Fettuccine Alfredo before at restaurants and it is one of my husband's favorite dishes when we eat out. Actually, on our first date we had a spicy Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken. It was delicious and the first time I had been introduced to pasta with a white cream sauce.

I was really excited to see a Fettuccine Alfredo recipe in Rocco's Cookbook: Now Eat This since it is one of Chris's favorite dishes. The sauce uses a little butter, garlic, cornstarch, nutmeg, chicken broth (low-fat, low-sodium of course), some grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, Greek Yogurt, and a little salt and ground black pepper.

I was really happy with this recipe and look forward to making it again in the future. Chris liked it as well, but he has been spoiled with the rich spicy restaurant versions. Adding more ground black pepper really added more flavor to the dish which we both liked a lot. Next time, Chris wants to make chicken to go with our meal, which I think is a great idea! Overall, we saved ourselves about a 1,000 calories. This recipe is just 336 calories/serving!

My workout today was not a great success. I'm distracted from my regular routine because I'm in project mode! I'm painting some old dressers, night stand, and day bed for Nora when she gets bigger and transitions to a big girl bed! It is so rewarding doing a project like this. But it is also distracting. I did get a long walk in with Chris and Nora, burning about 280 calories. I have 1120 calories remaining for tomorrow! Oh no! I will try my best to get a great workout in tomorrow along with all my other fun projects!

Do you ever get distracted from your regular workout routine? How do you still fit in exercise when you are busy with something new in your schedule? Or how do you make sure you get back into your routine once your distraction is gone?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jaime, this is Nicole. My boyfriend Kyle works with Chris and he told me about your blog! I'm pretty good at getting my workouts in, but this sounds like a great way to make sure I work out hard each week. I hope you don't mind if I comment on your blog each day to keep me accountable all week long! I'm excited to start on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole! Thank you for reading my blog! I'm glad you like it. Yes, definitely comment each day - I would love it! It would be awesome to have you comment your progress along with me! I've been slipping a little bit, so maybe we can encourage each other!

    ReplyDelete