Friday, June 3, 2011

NUTRITION TIP: A Great Sour Cream Substitute

Last night we had these AMAZING FAJITAS! We got the recipe out of Rocco Dispirito's new book: Eat This Now! I didn't follow the recipe exactly since I accidentally bought Taco seasoning instead of Fajita Seasoning, but it still tasted great. Along with Green Pepper, Onion, Guacamole, Salsa, Cilantro, Low Carb Whole Wheat  Soft Tortillas, and Filet Mignon. It was fantastic!

One thing I love with my Mexican food is sour cream. Rocco suggested using Greek Yogurt instead so I tried it and it was AWESOME! You couldn't tell the difference! I was a little skeptical from my poor experience with my smoothie, but I got a different brand of greek yogurt for this (FAGE 0% fat free, plain) and it worked great.

Here is the comparison of 2 TBSP of sour cream and 2 TBSP of Greek Yogurt:


Daisy Regular Sour Cream:          60 cal (45 cal from Fat), 5g Fat (3.5g Sat. Fat)           
Daisy Light Sour Cream:              40 cal (25 cal from Fat), 2.5g Fat (2g Sat Fat)
FAGE 0% Plain Greek Yogurt: <20 cal (0 cal from Fat), 0g Fat (0g Sat Fat)

The Sodium content is also much less:

2 TBSP Daisy Regular Sour Cream:15mg           
2 TBSP Daisy Light Sour Cream: 25mg 
2 TBSP FAGE 0% Plain Greek Yogurt: <10mg 

Overall, it tasted just the same and had fewer calories and less Fat! Try it and let me know what you think!

Taking a day off from working out today! 1400 calories left to burn! Back to my workout tomorrow! Are you getting a workout in today? If so, what are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment