Sunday, June 5, 2011

NO SWEETS WEEK - RESULTS

Today is the last day of my "No Sweets for a Week". I was successful all week. I avoided chocolates and ice cream. It was really tough at times and I overindulged in granola bars, which I allowed as my one exception!

The biggest thing I learned is how much I snack during the day that isn't necessary. So I am going to try to keep up on not snacking during the day, except for the healthy snacks between meals, such as fruits! So no chocolates during the day!

I have also learned that I am able to enjoy my meals more when I am not snacking on high calorie chocolate and ice cream. So I am looking forward to good meals now instead of treats.

I will still want a treat once in a while in the evenings, but I have learned that I can live without Chocolates and Ice Cream for a week! I am going to make more of an effort not to buy cookies, chocolates, and ice cream to have in the house to snack on so that I have to decide if I am hungry or not and then go with a banana if I am.

On another note: This is the first week I didn't get 3500 calories in. I worked out 4 days this week, burning 700 calories each day. I worked out this morning, but skipped my workout yesterday to do some housework and hangout by the pool! Overall, I am still pleased with my accomplishments - no chocolate/ice cream treats, burned 2800 calories, and maintained 115.4 weight! The scale was going up with my lack of self control with my treats the week before, so this week was very helpful in getting me back on track! I am still going to finish today with no treats!

Week 15 starts tomorrow! Back to burning 3500 calories and loving my workouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment