Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Week 15: Burning 3500 Calories, New Cook Book, & Ab Exercises

I took the past 2 days off to enjoy the weather and give my legs a nice break. Today I am back to my routine and have to workout the next 5 days in a row in order to get to 3500 calories. I am committed to working out and burning 700 calories each day!

We have also been cooking a bit more over the past week using recipes from Rocco Dispirito's new cookbook: Now Eat This Diet. It is amazing! We have had Fajitas, Penne a la Vodka, and Jamaican Jerk Chicken - all delicious, healthy, and low calorie! I am excited to try more recipes in the next few days! I have definitely been enjoying dinner more and my waistline is loving it to!

I was so sore after my physical therapy session that I took the next few days off from doing my ab exercises. I got back to it last night! I'm up to the full plank and full side plank. I am also doing a series of leg extension exercises where one leg/knee is bent 90 degrees and I extend the other leg out and switch sides. During this my head is rested on the floor and I am focusing on keep my back neutral - no arching or pushing my back to the floor.

I know it's already Wednesday, but I am excited to start my first day of this week's challenge! Join me in burning 3500 calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment