Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dragging me to the Gym

Dragging you along
I didn't have the motivation to go to the gym today. I didn't really have the motivation to do much at all. When I get stressed out about something I usually end up on the couch watching horrible television (since we have no cable and it is Sunday). But my husband wanted to go to the gym and workout, thankfully. So he got me out of the house when I didn't have the motivation to do it myself. I was hoping once I got on my elliptical I would have a lot of energy.

No such luck. I got on the elliptical and went in slow motion for a while with my arms floating at my sides. Usually, I am one of the annoying upbeat go go go types swinging my arms like I'm running (instead of using the arm things). Not today, I was just moving along. Luckily one of the TV stations had a Kate Hudson movie on that I was able to zone into. I lasted about 50 minutes and 515 calories burned!

Sometimes you need someone to push you along. Do you ever feel that way? Do you have someone to push you when you are lacking your own motivation?

I met my calorie burn on Friday so today was a bonus. Week 12 starts tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment