Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Improving and Still Trying

My top 4 fitness/health goals are burning 3500 calories each week, performing my 4 lower body toning exercises 3 days/week to help strengthen my knees, performing my physical therapy AB exercises every day to close the split in my abdominal wall from being pregnant, and drinking 5 cups of water each day (hoping to get up to 8 eventually).

I have been successful at my 3500 calorie goal for 11 (going on 12) weeks now! Getting to the gym and on the elliptical is part of my day now and I am addicted to it! I can tell that burning 3500 calories every week is helping  me maintain my weight loss, even allowing me to splurge more than I should. If I didn't have a sweet tooth maybe I would be at my ideal weight....another challenge for me in the future..???

Performing my lower body toning exercises has been on and off. I need it to be simple. If I have to perform a ton of different exercises, using a bunch of different equipment I am never going to do it. So I simplified my workout - simple is better than nothing, right! Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday after my cardio I do these exercises: Hip Adduction & Hip Abduction (Inner/Outer Thigh), Hamstring Curl, and Leg Press! For the past week I have been good about performing these exercises.

While I have gotten my leg exercises into my gym routine, I have been struggling to make my AB exercises a priority. I have 8 exercises that totals about 15 minutes of time and I have to do these exercises twice a day. After my first physical therapy session I did my exercises spot on for a week straight (it took me a few days before I did this). After my second physical therapy session I performed the exercises maybe once a day if I was lucky. That was last week. Finally, yesterday I made more of an effort and got both sets in by the end of the night. Today I fit 6 of the 8 exercises into my gym routine and I have to complete the other 2 now and another set this evening!

As for the water. I got 4 1/2 cups in yesterday - better than the day before, but not meeting my goal. So today is going to be the day I finally get 5 cups in! I hope!

Do you have multiple fitness/health goals? Are you struggling to manage them all into your daily routine? It can be tough. Taking it one day at time and picking 1 goal to really focus on until you've got it down helps. Then add another goal....

Burned 700 calories. 1400 calories left to burn!

1 comment:

  1. Did both sets of my ab exercises. I need 2 more cups of water!

    ReplyDelete