Sunday, May 29, 2011

Knowing When to Take it Easy

Last week and the week before I was being really good about performing my lower body toning exercises every other day when I went to the gym. I was also fitting my physical therapy ab exercises in at the gym as well. Then,  last weekend my knees started bothering me (stepping for a hour didn't help). I noticed during one of my ab exercises where I have to stretch out one leg at a time my knee would sort of pop. Then I noticed the same thing happening for the first few minutes on the elliptical.

NO GOOD!

I didn't want to hurt my knee again and not be able to workout.

So here is what I did:
Stopped the Ab Exercise that aggravated my knee (but continued the other ab exercises).
Took this last week off from Lower Body Toning exercises (will start up again tomorrow and see how it goes)
Took it easy on the elliptical (usually about 63rpm, stayed around 59rpm) rotations per minute.
And not attempting using the step!


My knee is feeling a bit better - definitely not popping anymore! I have been wearing heels more often with the warm weather - which isn't helping. But I am trying to find a happy medium! If you feel an injury is flaring up, don't try to push through it with your usual workout routine. Modify your routine so you can get a good workout in safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment