Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spending Time Outside

It is such a beautiful day out in Madison, WI! Summer is my favorite season of the year - the sun, the hot days, the warm evenings, being poolside, and outdoor activities! It is all so much fun and I am so excited it is finally here!

Spending time outside naturally helps us upgrade our life. Being outside you will probably be walking or running around the yard or playground, or maybe gardening! Being outside naturally gets you active without trying! Even if you prefer to spend your summer days relaxing in the sun, you are still getting refresh air and not vegging out in front of the TV! So not only do the outdoors help us to become more active, it also helps us regulate our snacking tendencies!

Speaking of snacking: The other great thing about summer are the fresh fruits and veggies. I don't know about you, but when summer hits I have my house full of watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, etc. I find myself snacking on low calorie nutrient packed foods, instead of higher calorie granola bars and cookies! Love it!

Since we are blessed to have such a beautiful day here, I am hoping to get out and go on a nice walk with my baby girl! I hope the weather stays nice (I hear rain is in the forecast).

Went to the gym this morning. I am starting to like staying on the elliptical for a full hour! 680 calories burned! 1400 calories remaining! I also did my lower body toning exercises to help strengthen my knees! What was your workout like today?

What's your favorite part of summer? What's your favorite summer activity?

No comments:

Post a Comment