Thursday, May 19, 2011

Get Back into the Swing of Things

Do you ever have a day where you feel like you don't have the energy to accomplish what you planned? Or maybe you don't have the energy to be diligent with your goals? Today was one of those days for me.

I did get to the gym and worked out, but it was a struggle (700 calories burned). My lack of diligence has been with my diet - I have been craving ice cream in the evenings and I can tell it isn't doing me any good. I avoided the scale all week, but today I decided I had to weigh myself and face the truth. It wasn't horrible, but I am going in the wrong direction. Knowing the truth, I was hoping that would motivate me to eat right....

Well, that didn't happen. Stress took over and I finished my ice cream for lunch. At least its gone now...right? Fortunately, it looked nice outside and I decided to take Nora for a walk - maybe it would make me feel better.

Luckily, it did. We walked and walked and finally came across a park in our neighborhood that had baby swings. I had never tried to put Nora in one, but thought I would try now. And oh my goodness - she LOVED it! She was having a blast. And just like that - BEST DAY EVER!

It's amazing how small things like that can turn your day around. Now I have the energy to try and fulfill the rest of my goals for the day. I still need to get a second set of ab exercises in and drink 3 out of 5 of cups of water today! I'm still going to try to get my goals accomplished!

Are you behind on getting your workout in for the day? There is still time, hop on the treadmill, bike, take a walk outside, or do jumping jacks in your living room! Even just 10 minutes will help you towards your goal and make you feel a whole bunch better. I know walking outside in the sunshine helped me (and the smile on my baby girl's face)!

700 calories left to burn!

No comments:

Post a Comment