Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Having a Regular Schedule Helps

Today I am back to my regular schedule and it feels so good! My morning routine is back with getting to the gym, getting Nora down for a nap, making oatmeal, doing my physical therapy abdominal exercises, creating my blog post, and getting ready for the day! Love it! Do you have a regular routine?

I find that routines help you be healthier. It is part of my routine to have oatmeal for breakfast. If this wasn't my routine I would come home from the gym hungry looking for something tasty - probably granola bars! Instead, I just stick with my routine and I don't have to think about what sounds good in the moment.

The same goes for my morning workout. I just get up and get out the door. I just know that is how my morning is going to go and it works great for me. I don't wake up and think about whether I feel like going to the gym or not.

I don't know about you, but I feel great when I follow my morning routine. I feel like I accomplished what I needed and wanted to do and I feel really good about it. My afternoons can sometimes get a bit crazy and I get distracted from being as healthy as I want to be. At least I can reset in the morning and try again!

Burned 715 calories on the elliptical and did my leg exercises. Now off to complete my AB exercises! What are you doing today for physical fitness?

No comments:

Post a Comment