Saturday, May 14, 2011

Liliana's Restaurant

Last night Chris and I went out for a date night. We decided to go to Liliana's Restaurant. It's a New Orlean's style restaurant and very nice. Chris works with the owner's dad too, which makes going there fun since we know we are supporting their family's business. If I remember correctly, the inspiration for the restaurant came from the owner's parents meeting in New Orleans. And the restaurant is named after the owner's daughter, Liliana. I think that is pretty cool.

We had been to Liliana's once before and really enjoyed it, so I was excited to be going there again. The menu is very different than most restaurant's I've been too. Most of the entrĂ©es are seafood based and I don't eat seafood. Last time we were there I had the Black Angus Filet and loved it; Chris had the pasta Liliana and loved it as well. While we thoroughly enjoyed our selection last time, we were both interested in trying something different this go around.

I ended up ordering the Vegetable Wellington (pictured above).This is a golden puff pastry filled with grilled vegetables and montrachet and drizzled with chimmichurri. Chris ordered the Jambalaya. Before coming to that decision I of course had to ask the waitress multiple times what some of the ingredients were in the menu - so many things I have never heard of before. The waitress said she really liked the Vegetable Wellington, so I decided to order it, and I am very happy I did. I loved it, maybe even more than the steak! Chris really liked the Jambalaya too. 

Overall, it was fun to go someplace a little different and get exceptional service and food. If you live in the Madison WI area or are visiting and looking for a new place to try I would definitely recommend Liliana's!

I didn't workout today. It has been a nice relaxing day with the gloomy weather outside.

I met my calorie goal yesterday, but I have to get my ab exercises in and drink 5 cups of water yet today! Did you workout today?

No comments:

Post a Comment