Monday, May 23, 2011

Knee Problems, Stretch & Ice

Last night I worked out using my box step, since I didn't get to the gym. It was a good workout and I liked using the step again. Unfortunately, I woke up this morning with a swollen knee and extremely tight calves! I forget to stretch my calf muscles last night after stepping for over an hour!

So I stretched my calves using the step and then iced my right swollen knee for a few minutes. It definitely helped. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to go to the gym because my knee felt out of sorts, but the ice seemed to fix that and reduced the swelling.

I was able to workout on the elliptical for 60 minutes and burn 700 calories! That is a good start to the week. I also stretched my calves extra long (along with my hamstring and quadriceps stretch) and then did my ab exercises. Good workout today! My calves are still really tight, so I think I am going to have to stretch a few more times throughout the day.

Are you struggling with an injury? What are you doing to help keep yourself active?

No comments:

Post a Comment