Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Power of Counting Calories

Yesterday morning I weighed 115.8 pounds. That is good, but I would like to be more around 114. I've also probably been eating more than I should. So I decided to count my calories yesterday. It helped a lot and I learned a few things after looking over my day's food selections.

Food Journal Entry:
Oatmeal with 1/8 cup Walnuts: 260 calories
3 Light String Cheese: 150 calories
Lean Cuisine: 350 calories
3 Dark Chocolate Squares: 180 calories
3 Slices of Frozen Pizza: 500 calories
Handful of Baby Carrots and some Dip: 50 calories (guess)
1 Weight Watchers Ice Cream Bar: 100 calories



I ended up eating 1590 calories. I wasn't being strict on myself, but I also stopped myself from snacking when I probably wanted to. I also burned 700 calories yesterday, which helped!

I also learned I need to get more fruit in my diet!

The end result: I weighed myself this morning: 115.2 pounds. I know there is normal weight fluctuation, but either way, the scale went in the right direction for me! Hoping to keep this up a bit longer!

Have you ever kept a food journal before? Did you find it helpful?

Burned 650 calories on the elliptical today, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment