Saturday, May 21, 2011

Make It a Family Event!

I had 700 calories remaining to burn as of this morning, so I knew I needed to get to the gym. My husband usually doesn't make it to the gym during the week, so he looks forward to getting a good workout in over the weekend. With that in mind, we jumped out of bed this morning, got Nora ready for the day, and got to the gym first thing in the morning!

Chris and I were able to workout together on the ellipticals. I love working out as a family! I know Nora's not old enough to actually "workout" with us, but she comes to the gym with us! And I think it will be so much fun when Nora gets bigger and can workout with me and Chris. Not only will we be spending some great time together, but we will also be instilling her with a healthy lifestyle and a love for being active!

Try including your kids in your workouts! Maybe you workout while they are in school during the day, but then include them on the weekend. Or, just get active with them. Take your kids to a park and play soccer or whatever your family enjoys doing that gets your heart rate up! Make it a family event! It's good for bonding with your kids and introducing them to a healthy lifestyle that they can take with them as they grow up.

Burned 300 calories, did my lower body toning exercises and ab exercises! 400 calories left to burn tomorrow! What does your workout look like today?

No comments:

Post a Comment