Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!!


I am so excited for my first Mother's Day! Nora and I have our Mother's Day dresses on and I made Red Velvet Cupcakes for the first time.

The first time I had red velvet cake was in the hospital after having Nora. My mom brought us red velvet cake to celebrate! It was the most delicious thing I had ever eaten. Maybe the pain meds and the fact that I couldn't eat during labor all day made the cake taste even better than it normally would, but ever since, I have been in love with red velvet cake! I hope my cupcakes turn out half as good!

Besides having red velvet cupcakes on Mother's Day, we are bound to have a bunch of delicious food at my parent's house too! Calories here I come! I didn't workout this morning since I was busy baking and getting ready for the day - so my calorie intake will probably be higher than my calorie burn for the day.

It will be OK though. I will get back to my workout routine and normal healthy eating tomorrow. I'll get right back on track and my weight will balance back to normal. While I am OK with not working out today, there is a part of me that misses it and feels like I need it. Do you ever feel that way when you don't workout? It's a good feeling to have. It gives you the motivation you need to get back on track. If you don't have that burning desire to get back to the gym, force yourself to get there each day and eventually you will want to go. The 3500 challenge forced me to go and now I want to go - for myself and for the challenge. If you are lacking motivation, join the challenge with me tomorrow: Week 11!

As you know, I burned 3500 calories by the end of Friday, so I don't have any calories to report today! Excited for a new week tomorrow! Enjoy the beautiful weather on this beautiful Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment