Monday, April 25, 2011

Week 9: Work Ahead

The challenge is to burn 3500 calories each week through physical activity. The week starts every Monday and ends Sunday night. You can choose how you want to burn the full 3500 calories: walk, jog, run, take a fitness class, bike, use the elliptical or stair stepper, swim, whatever you enjoy doing. You can exercise for once a day or multiple times a day. You can workout 5 days a week, or more or less. You choose how and when you are going to get the 3500 calories burned. All you have to do is get up and dedicate yourself to making it happen.

If you plan to workout 7 days each week. You need to burn 500 calories each day. If you workout less than 7 days, each day you workout you need to burn more than 500 calories to reach the goal. I have found that when I focus on burning 500 calories each day, I usually end up getting a bit behind and have to workout extra hard over the weekend. So now I try to start my week by burning as many calories as I can in the time I have to exercise - usually aiming for 600 calories. This way I get ahead of the challenge so if something comes up later in the week I don't have to work so hard to reach my goal.

I am going to continue posting my progress each day in the comments. Join the challenge with me and comment with your progress and how you got there!

1 comment:

  1. I stayed on the elliptical for a little over an hour. 100 calories burned! 2500 calories remaining!

    ReplyDelete