Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Closed Captioning

I use to RUN outside. I loved the fresh air, the breeze, and the colors of the sun coming over the horizon. Sometimes I would listen to music, but most of the time my inspiration came from nature. And then I wasn't able to run anymore due to a knee injury. Maybe one of these days I will get to enjoy this again. My chiropractor says he can probably help me get back to running - maybe not on a daily basis, but maybe once a week!?

Then, a few months ago I loved going to a STEP aerobics class. I loved the energy, the choreography (which took me a long time to finally get down), and the music. It was great to just show up for class, love my workout, have someone else tell me what to do, when to do it, and how to do it. It was great; and then I hurt my foot.

So now I am on the ELLIPTICAL just about every day. And I DO love the elliptical. I am able to get a great workout without hurting my knees or my foot. It has been a great blessing. What would I do without the elliptical! Sometimes I find myself looking down at the clock counting down my time. A lot of the time I play a game where I look at my calories and say I'm not looking at the clock till I hit 100 calories and then I say I'm not looking at the calories till I hit 20 minutes and I keep going back and forth trying to make time go by faster in my mind. When I'm not playing mind games, this is what I am doing:

Where I workout we have individual TVs with the Cardio equipment. The other day I had GMA and the TODAY show on with closed captioning. I don't like wearing headphones so I never listen to music or the TV, but the closed captioning is great. It traps me into focusing on reading what's going on and yesterday time flew by on the elliptical! So I may not have that fresh air, the fitness class, or the headphones, but that's ok. I am loving the elliptical and the closed captioning (when I can figure out how to get it on the tv's)! So here's to hoping I get closed captioning on my tv today and if I don't that's ok to! I just love my workout in each day, knowing I am improving my health with every step on the elliptical.

When I get my workout in, I'll post my progress in the comments!

What inspires you when you are working out? What's your current favorite form of exercise? And what did you do today to fit fitness into the middle of your week?

1 comment:

  1. Elliptical for about 50 minutes and burned 570 calories. 1740 calories left to go by Sunday evening!

    Also, I figured out how to get closed captioning on the TV! yay!

    ReplyDelete