Saturday, April 9, 2011

Restaurant Pick of the Week

Every Saturday I will be featuring a restaurant and one of their menu items. When you plan to eat out, try to check the restaurant's website for nutrition information so you can make an informed choice. Whether you go with a low calorie or high calorie option, at least you'll know what you're getting and how to plan that into your day!

Panera Bread
Next time you go to Panera Bread try the Smoked Turkey Sandwich. It is 420 calories. If you add a bag of their potato chips as a side (160 calories) you are up to 580 calories for your Lunch or Dinner. Here's a link to Panera Bread's nutrition calculator:

http://www.paneranutrition.com/NutritionCalculator.aspx

Have you ever checked a restaurant's website before eating there? Or maybe afterwards? How did it affect your menu choice?

Today's workout is going to be the Elliptical again. If you haven't figured it out yet, I LOVE the elliptical! And then Lower Body Muscle Toning Exercises are on my list of to do's. My chiropractor wants me to strengthen my quadriceps to help stabilize my knees! What is your exercise regimen going to look like today? Why did you choose that exercise in particular? Are you working on a specific goal or just trying to get your 3500 calorie burn in by tomorrow evening?!

500 calories burned (or about to be burned when I get to the gym later this morning)
500 calories remaining

No comments:

Post a Comment