Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Pants are Too Big

When I was a sophomore in college I got to my heaviest weight (138 lbs), Then I started learning more about nutrition and calories from my Dietetics classes and my ACE personal trainer certification. By my junior year I started working out regularly and watching my calorie intake. The summer going into my senior year I got to my lowest weight ever (112 lbs).

That summer I bought a pair of cargo pants that I love. They are a dull greenish color and they became my go to pants. Through the years my weight would go up and down a bit. The pants would be a little snug and then a little loose. But I was still able to wear them over the next 3 years.

When I got pregnant the pants went into a box at the top of my closet shelf. After having Nora I pulled the box of clothes down and decided to get rid of a bunch of stuff, but I had to hold onto my now paint splattered, torn, worn out, greenish cargo pants. I was determined to fit into them again like before.

Over the weekend I ran out of my usual yoga pants and my one pair of jeans. I really needed to do laundry! The only thing left in my closet were my cargo pants. I hadn't been able to get them on a few months ago, but I was back down to 115 lbs and thought I would try them on. They fit! Actually they fit with a little extra room to spare! I was so excited! So the pants aren't actually TOO BIG and they probably never will be, but I love that they fit me with space around my waist to spare.

Do you have a pair of pants that you want to fit into again? Hold onto them and start the 3500 challenge with me. Count your calorie intake and you can make those pants fit again!

I got to the gym today! Elliptical and 710 calories burned. 1635 calories remaining! Did you workout yet today?

No comments:

Post a Comment