Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Nutrition Tip: Lean Cuisine

When I started calorie counting I packed my freezer with Lean Cuisines. They made it so much easier to stay on track for 2 reasons.

One, they are portion controlled. In order to have seconds you have to pull another frozen meal out of the freezer, heat it up, and count those calories. With the Lean Cuisine I heat up my one entrĂ©e and know that's my dinner and no more.

Second, the calories have already been figured out for you. I have a few recipes that I have made and figured out the calories on my own. It is quite a process: get the list of ingredients, figure out total calories for all ingredients, figure out how many servings the recipe makes, and divide total calories by the total servings to get your calories per serving. It's a lot of work, but once you do it you are set with that recipe! Lean Cuisine takes this work out of the equation.

If you are trying to lose weight and working out along with this challenge and still struggling. Try counting how many calories you consume. And to make it an easier process, try a Lean Cuisine to make it easier to accomplish your goal.

I won't be getting to the gym this morning, but once my baby girl goes down for her morning nap I will get on the treadmill for 20 minutes and power walk! I'll comment with my workout later! Have you worked out yet today? What are you doing to fit some exercise in?

Do you buy Lean Cuisines? Which ones are your favorite? The Rigatoni is my favorite!

1 comment:

  1. Instead of going on the treadmill, I decided to pull out my box step while Nora was playing with her toys on the floor. It was great to be able to be right by her and workout for a bit. After getting her down for a nap I finished with another 10 minutes!

    155 calories burned
    2345 calories remaining

    ReplyDelete