Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Nutrition Tip: Do You Eat Before Your Workout?

In high school I ran on the cross country team. I didn't eat before the first day of our summer morning practice & ended up vomiting after the run. The next day I made sure to get up extra early, have a bowl of cereal, and allowed time for it to digest before heading to practice. That day I felt just fine after our run.

Then about a week ago I heard that the latest research is saying not to eat before you exercise. They say you burn fat instead of the calories you just consumed, helping you lose weight. So for that past few weeks I've been eating my breakfast after my morning workout. I don't get sick afterwards, but I'm STARVING and find myself overeating.

This morning I decided to have a banana before I left for my workout and it seems to be the solution for me! I need a little something healthy before my workout so I make good food choices after my workout. Do you eat before you workout? If you do, what do you eat? If you don't, why not?

Elliptical once again for me! How about you, what did you do?

550 calories burned
1850 calories remaining

No comments:

Post a Comment