Thursday, July 7, 2011

JURY DUTY!

This week has completely thrown me off my normal routine. I found out last week Thursday that I was going to have to appear for jury duty July 5th. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to go, but of course my pool number was within the range of numbers that had to show up Tuesday morning. Once at the Court house I was selected to join a group of people to participate in a possible jury panel. There were about 30 of us and only 20 people were called to sit on the jury panel. Of course, I was number 5 to be called out of 20. And from that 20 person jury panel 13 were chosen for the jury. Of course, I was in the 13 chosen! So that was Tuesday and I did try my best to fit in some activity that day.

The big day was yesterday. I was up early getting ready for the day before Nora would be up so I didn't have time to workout in the morning like I usually like. Then I was off to the court house for the rest of the day for the actual trial. Luckily, the judge said it was a 1-day trial! There was a part of me that thought - there's not much to this case! The trial can't last that long and our decision should be quick. There was another part of me that thought - there's not much to this case so the jury will have a lot of different thoughts and we will be deliberating for a long time. It was a criminal case, so the jury had to decide unanimously. Of course, my second thought ended up being true - a long day and a long time to decide the verdict. I didn't get home until close to 9pm!

After that exhausting day I didn't have the energy to workout. I woke up with the same about of energy this morning. Jury duty is draining! So I think I will be taking the day to recuperate and get some other work and housework done today. It's going to be a challenge to get the rest of my calories burned in this week, but I will try!

1 comment:

  1. 50 minute run this morning for about 500 calories, 1450 to go this week!

    ReplyDelete