Sunday, July 10, 2011

End of Week 19

Well, I have to admit - I did not make my calorie goal for the week. Trying to burn 1280 today would be too much stress on my body. I forgot to stretch after my workout yesterday and my quadriceps are really sore today too. I seem to leave out those small things - like stretching - when I am in a hurry to get through things.

Do you ever have days, weeks, or months where you feel like you are always in a hurry to get things done? I have been this way all summer. I feel like I haven't really truly relaxed. I hurry to get stuff done to try and have a relaxing afternoon, but then I get home and try to pack in other chores before bed. So my relaxing time doesn't end up seeming all that relaxing. Right about now I wish I had a Genie and could wish that my house was all organized, painted, and thoroughly cleaned! Do you ever feel the same way? I just want to chill and enjoy the rest of this summer before it's gone - because we all know in Wisconsin - it doesn't last very long!

Along with being so busy, I haven't been staying on top of eating the right way. My weight each day has been slowing going up, which doesn't make me happy. It's amazing how when you get your priorities out of order how it affects you. All the chores around the house do eventually need to be done, but not at the expense of my health or enjoying time with my family.

So today I am pushing the pause button. I ate my super healthy steel cut oats for breakfast and I am going to enjoy the afternoon with my family!

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Sunday! Week 20 starts tomorrow! I'm excited to get back to my normal routine tomorrow and start the week off right with my morning workout, steel cut oatmeal, and probably some laundry! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment