Friday, July 22, 2011

I'M BACK FROM LAS VEGAS!

PURE nightclub
I am finally back in town and working on getting back into my normal schedule. At the beginning of this week my husband and I left for Vegas to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary. It was a blast - 4 days of endless walking, partying, shows, and being poolside! 

Working Out In Vegas
I never made it to the gym in Vegas. I was going to pack my workout gear, but when we were packing we realized we didn't have room for 2 sets of tennis shoes. Oh well. Like I said - there was a TON OF WALKING.

XS nightclub


Healthy Eating In Vegas
As far as eating healthy while in Vegas - I wouldn't say I ate healthy. We only had 2 meals a day though which helped. I didn't have much of an appetite while we were there - not sure if it was the heat or that there was just so much to do that I didn't focus on it. One of my favorite meals was french toast at 2:30 in the morning!

Pool at Treasure Island
Relaxing Poolside
We didn't get much sleep in Vegas. The first night we were up until 3am. I can't believe I stayed up that late (it would have been 5am our time!), but I was so excited to go out! Each night after that I got tired earlier and earlier. Then we had to get up at 2:30am to check out of the hotel and get to the airport for our 6am flight. So I can say I really enjoyed our downtime at the pool!

Entertainment In Vegas
On our Anniversary we went to go see Mystere - and it was amazing! I wasn't sure I would be really interested in seeing many of the shows while in Vegas, but after seeing Mystere I was excited to see something else too! So the next day we went to KA!

Back Home
Last night we were able to get Nora to bed extra early at 5:30pm. Chris and I were in bed by 8pm and we all slept till 8am! It was great, but I was still tired so Chris got up with Nora and I slept another 2 hours. When I got up at 10am Chris went to go take a nap! Hopefully today we are catching up on our sleep and can get to the grocery store. The hope is we were back at the gym on the elliptical tomorrow!!!!!

3500 Challenge Works!
My 3500 challenge definitely kept me motivated to get to the gym this summer. I was in awesome shape when we went to Vegas all because I kept a consistent workout schedule at home. If I hadn't been keeping myself in check with the 3500 challenge I may not have gone to Vegas feeling as good as I did. I only gained 2 pounds while in Vegas and I am excited to get back to burning 3500 calories each week, getting these 2 pounds off and continuing my quest to be in the healthiest and in the best shape I can be!

I'm sorry I wasn't around and posting daily for the past week, but I am back and ready to work hard! If you have been keeping up with the challenge while I was gone, tell me all about it! If you were working out and took a break while I was gone, jump back in and start again with me! If you haven't done the 3500 challenge yet, try it now! There is never a bad time to start a new workout routine or rejuvenate your current workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment