Friday, September 9, 2011

Walk For Your Treats

Yesterday afternoon Nora and I decided to go on another walk. It was such a beautiful day and I was feeling like making our walk a little extra special. So I walked Nora down to our local pizza place, Papa Jimmy's, where they have my favorite ice cream. It took about 20 minutes to get there and then we ordered an ice cream cone. Nora loved it! When the ice cream was gone she kept saying "Nummy, Nummy, Nummy"! I guess I have passed on my love for ice cream onto my 1 year old daughter! Oops! After that we walked back home. Another 20 minute walk. It was perfect!

A few years ago, Chris and I had made a summer rule, that whenever we wanted ice cream we had to walk for it. It was a good rule that summer. We got a lot of walking in that year!

Walking to get a treat is great. You get a little bit of exercise and then treat yourself for it. Plus, you are burning off at least a little bit of your treat's calories! Try it sometime! Next time you want an ice cream treat, walk to your nearest  grocery store, McDonald's, or where ever they sell your favorite ice cream treat near you!

So I burned about 100 calories on our afternoon walk yesterday. I also made it to the gym this morning and burned 500 calories on the elliptical! That means I have 870 calories left to burn this week! What did your exercise regimen look like today?

No comments:

Post a Comment