Thursday, September 15, 2011

CSA: Community Supported Agriculture

A while ago, I heard about a service where you can get local produce delivered to your door. I had forgot about this until now. I have been doing a lot of grocery shopping recently. A lot of unsuccessful grocery shopping, I should say. I have been so frustrated. It seems the produce isn't very good and trying to find organic is sometimes a struggle in stores!

I like buying organic, and local organic would be even better! There are a few grocery stores in the Madison Area that support local and/or local organic produce, but it isn't convenient for me to get there.

After searching on the internet for a while, I realized I was looking for a CSA, community supported agriculture, program. I found the Madison Area CSA Coalition! Tons of farms and all organic! Great! I finally discovered that they don't deliver to your home, but there is a site basically down the road, within 10 minutes of my home, which is great! I decided to email April's Garden CSA for more information. This is definitely something I am interested in. Here is a link to Madison's CSA website: http://www.csacoalition.org/

Are you currently part of a CSA? What do you like about it? Do you live in the Madison area and have a CSA that delivers to your home? If so, tell me about it please!!! That is what I would prefer!

Once I hear back from April's Garden, I will post on what I learned!

I did make it to the gym today and burned 700 calories! 1640 calories left to burn! Did you get your workout in yet today?


No comments:

Post a Comment