Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Brings a Fresh Start

With Labor Day here it feels like Fall already. I'm ok with the weather changing. I like the slightly cooler days where you can walk around in jeans and a sweatshirt. It always feels like a fresh start. So I am taking a fresh start to the gym! I have been so horrible on getting to the gym regularly this summer and I'm ready to get back to working out every day.

Chris and I worked out this morning! I burned 500 calories on the elliptical and did my ab exercises, including 3 minutes of planks! It's nice burning 500 calories instead of 700 or 800. It seems so much easier. Plus, I need to balance my workout with some upper body and lower body toning. Cutting my cardio down to 500 calories will help me do that!

I am also still trying to drink 8 cups of water each day! It is still such a challenge for me. But like I started a few weeks ago - for each day I drink 8 cups I get to count 100 calories towards my goal!

Join me this week in making a fresh start with your workouts for the Fall season! Share your workouts - what is your favorite workout activity?

And later today, I think we are going to pull out the stroller and go for a family walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment