Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Madison Arboretum


Me and Nora
Yesterday, we took Nora for a walk through UW-Madison's Arboretum. We had so much fun there. It is so peaceful being surrounded by nature!

The Arboretum is a place where ecological restoration and physical fitness can mesh.

While the vision of the Arboretum is to return this area of land back to it's more natural condition, they have made amazing pathways for hikers, walkers, bikers, and cross country skiers to enjoy Madison in it's most pure state. We had such a fun time just walking around the beautiful scenery.

My Husband Chris and Nora
I burned about 160 calories on our walk yesterday! I also went to the gym this morning and burned another 500 calories on the elliptical, stretched, and did my ab exercises!

That brings me to 1160 calories burned so far this week!

What did you/are you doing for exercise today? Are you out enjoying nature or sweating it out in the gym? Share your workouts with me here and stay motivated each and every day to get some physical activity into your busy day!

1 comment:

  1. The arboretum was a lot of fun - can't wait to go back with you and Nora!

    ReplyDelete