Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer Fun

Yesterday I didn't make it to the computer to post my workout. Burned 262 calories on the elliptical and ended up stopping my workout early.

Today we went on a walk around the neighborhood, maybe burned 200 calories. Then its time for Nora's nap and off to spend time with my family. So I won't be making it to the gym. And I probably won't be making my calories goal. I know it seems I have been failing a lot recently. 

I love summer. In Wisconsin with the short summer that we have I struggle to enjoy as much as I can. I have a hard time trying to get my normal chores and gym activities in along with relaxing and enjoying outdoor fun activities with Nora and my family and friends. It seems either my house is in order OR I am having fun. So I am taking the rest of the summer to focus on enjoying the weather as long as we have it. The means I may not get to the gym as much as I hope to plan. But I will keep going and working hard. I just don't want to look back on my summer and think - why wasn't I enjoying more of it.

I will still be working towards my goal each week, but I am guessing that when fall/winter hits, I will be making my goal so much more often than I am now.

So stick with me. I may not burn 3500 calories each week and maybe you won't be either, but that's ok. As long as we continue to stay active! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment