Thursday, August 18, 2011

Great Song: Do Everything!

I heard this song on the radio on my way back home from the gym. It caught my attention because of the first verse:

You’re picking up toys on the living room floor
for the 15th time today
Matching up socks and sweeping up lost
Cheerios that got away
You put a baby on your hip and color on your lips
and head out the door



That seems to be my wonderful life right now! And then he went on to sing: 


Do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you
Cause He made you to do
Every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face
And tell the story of grace
With every move that you make
And every little thing you do



And it made me think: I love being a mom. It is the most amazing blessing ever! This past weekend we were at the outlet mall in a store and I was walking around with Nora in my arms. She was so happy and giggling. I was bouncing her to the beat of the music. We were having so much fun! And at that moment I thought - this is what it's all about. These moments when you are just loving life, loving your daughter, loving the fun you are having together...these are the moments that God gives us to enjoy and to make more moments like this. Everyone around us could tell how happy we were. We were sharing our happiness with people around us. While I was putting a smile on Nora's face, I was putting a smile on mine and on other's I don't even know. That day I am sure I put a smile on the Lord's face as well.


So remember, with every little thing you do, put a smile on your loved one's faces, on a stranger's face....and you will put a smile on HIS face too.


To tie this into my workout, hearing this song after my morning workout routine I thought: I did that to the glory of the Lord! 


So each and every day. Remember, when you do something good for yourself (such as working out) you are doing it to the glory of the Lord!


I got my 500 calories burned. I did get 8 cups of water in yesterday and I am working on my water intake today. 1500 calories left to go!


"Do Everything" by Steven Curtis Chapman


No comments:

Post a Comment